UCR Department of Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
OPEN TO ALL UCR STUDENTS, REGARDLESS OF MAJOR OR GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
*MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES TO EARN TFDP PRODUCTION UNITS*
PLAYWORKS and NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
by UCR Undergraduate and MFA Playwrights
MARCH 12, 2021
ONLINE in Zoom
Callbacks: March 30, Tuesday 5:00-9:00pm (Playworks only) ONLINE in Zoom
Needed: A company of actors for many roles
How to audition:
• You must sign-up in advance for a time slot here. You will receive the Zoom link to the audition room on the day of auditions. You only need to sign up ONCE to audition for ONE or BOTH productions.
• Download and fill out the PDF Audition Form here. Once this form has been completely filled out and you have signed up for a time slot, email your Audition Form and a headshot photo to Courtney Pobst, Playworks Stage Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Mayra Gomez-Labrada, New Play Festival Stage Manager (email@example.com) - depending on which production(s) you are auditioning for.
• During your audition you will be asked to cold-read a side, to be provided when you check-in. No preparation or memorization necessary.
Tips for the audition:
• Select an audition space with your back to a wall so that others will not pass behind you.
• Use good lighting, preferably in front of your face.
• For the audition wear simple, businesslike clothing with hair back and away from the face.
• All rehearsals and class sessions will take place remotely in Zoom.
• Cast members will be enrolled in 1 (New Play Festival) or 2 (Playworks) units of TFDP 170.
• Students can participate in both Playworks and New Play Festival (if cast) to earn more production units.
Playworks Schedule (all online in Zoom)
Callbacks: March 30, Tuesday 5:00-9:00pm.
Information meeting: April 19, Monday, 4:00-5:30pm. All cast members are required to attend.
Rehearsals: If cast, you will be expected to attend 2-3 rehearsals (total per play), to be scheduled during Weeks 4 through 8 in the spring quarter.
Technical rehearsal: May 25, Tuesday, 6:30-10:00pm.
Performances: May 26-27, Wednesday and Thursday, 6:00pm call time for a 7:00pm performance. A different program will be performed each night.
New Play Festival Schedule (all online in Zoom)
Rehearsals: If cast, you will be expected to attend 2-3 rehearsals (total per play), to be scheduled during Week 9 in the spring quarter.
Technical rehearsal: June 1, Tuesday, 6:30-10:00pm.
Performances: June 2-3, Wednesday and Thursday, 6:00pm call time for a 7:00pm performance. A different play will be performed each night.
Friday, March 12 at 5:00pm to 9:00pmVirtual Event
You may login with your UCR NetID
In order to submit events, users must have a UCR email address (@ucr.edu). All events submitted by non-UCR users WILL be deleted.