About this Event
What is It
The Nourish Challenge is a weight-neutral nutrition program wrapped in a captivating garden theme. Enjoy growing virtual veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and grains for logging healthy behaviors and learning fun facts about each plant.
Grow virtual veggies, fruits, and grains from around the world by recording health activities. Then try delicious recipes with ingredients from your garden — new recipes each week!
- Each healthy habit you record contributes to growing a virtual plant bearing vegetables, fruit, or grains from around the world.
- The goal is to grow 30 plants during the 6-week program (1 activity=1 plant).
- Aim for at least 5 plants a week to reveal delicious, healthy recipes featuring the ingredients you’ve grown.
Learn more by watching the Nourish Challenge video.
How Does it Work
- This is primarily a team challenge (teams are typically 3-5 members), but participants can compete as individuals.
- The challenge and raffle prizes are open to all faculty, staff, students, retirees, and emeriti.
- Participants who complete at least 5 plants by the end of the week will be entered into a weekly raffle drawing.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top performing team (highest average number of plants per team member) and top performing individual (highest number of plants).
When is it
The Nourish Challenge is a 6-week program that begins on Monday, November 6, 2023 and ends on Monday, December 18, 2023.
- Information / Training Webinars - will provide information on how to participate in the challenge and will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Thursday, October 26, 2023: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 30, 2023: 12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m.
- Registration begins on Monday, October 23, 2023 on the Nourish Challenge registration webpage.
Open, view and share the Nourish Challenge flyer and start building a challenger team!