Symposium Information Sessions - Undergraduate Research
Information Sessions on how to apply to present at the Undergraduate Research Symposium. Students from all majors are invited to apply to present their research as a poster or oral presentation. Creative work presentations, business research plans, and student taught R'Courses are also encouraged to present!
- Applications to present are due: March 10
- Symposium will be held May 14-15 in 3rd Floor HUB.
Poster and Oral Presentation Guidelines
Research and scholarships are usually presented at either the oral or the poster sessions. Students should consult with the faculty mentor to determine the most appropriate track for presenting their work prior to submission. Undergraduate students should apply to present their research using one of the following tracks:
- TRACK 1: ORAL PRESENTATION FOR DEVELOPED RESEARCH Oral presentations should represent completed empirical research. This track is open to papers based on completed research studies. Students should be able to clearly present their research question, outline the research methodology and assessment, and present clear outcomes.
- TRACK 2: POSTER PRESENTATION FOR EMERGING RESEARCH Poster presentations should represent research projects that are not completed but might be of significant interest to the research community. Both conceptually- and empirically-based papers on "work-in-progress" projects would fall into this category.
- TRACK 3: CREATIVE ACTIVITY Creative activities and performances should represent the final product of a scholarly creative activity. These projects could include, but are not limited to, submissions from Dance, Art, Music, Creative Writing, Media and Cultural Studies, and Theatre, Film, and Digital Production. Students should be able to discuss the research/inspiration behind the final product. Performing and visual arts projects may be presented in the traditional oral or poster format, or as exhibits, displays, performances, readings, and viewings. Consult with your faculty mentor to determine the appropriate venue.
Presentation Information Sessions
- Feb 5 | 3pm-4pm | Hinderaker 1127
- Feb 13 | 2pm-3pm | Hinderaker 1127
- Feb 19 | 10am-11am | Hinderaker 0154
- Feb 21 | 10am-11am | Hinderaker 1127
- Feb 27 | 1pm-2pm | Hinderaker 1127
- Feb 28 | 10am-11am | SOM Modular Rm 110
- March 6 | 4pm-5pm | SOM Modular Rm 110
- March 7 | 12pm-1pm | Winston Chung, Rm 103
Thursday, February 21 at 10:00am
More dates through March 7, 2019
Wednesday, February 27 at 1:00pm
Thursday, February 28 at 10:00am
Wednesday, March 6 at 4:00pm
Thursday, March 7 at 12:00pm