UResearch Distinguish Yourself Workshop Series
Connecting to Research:
- Get advice on finding research opportunities and making good first impressions when reaching out to faculty.
- Learn how to connect to research opportunities, make positive impressions on faculty, and build competitive resumes. These developmental milestones will prepare you to apply for awards and post-graduate opportunities. Connect with our Student Ambassadors and Student Engagement programs.
- Jan. 21, 1pm - Registration Link
Statement of Purpose - Telling YOUR Story
The Statement of Purpose is one of the most important components in an application. Come learn how to develop a concise essay that "Tells Your Story" and shows your fit for the opportunity.
- Learn how to make a good impression when communicating via email.
- Learn how to write concise and professional emails to connect with faculty
- Feb. 9, 12pm - Registration Link
Building a Competitive Resume:
- Learn how to start your resume, what important components you should work on to build a competitive resume by the time you graduate.
- Learn about opportunities to build your resume and how to best present your experiences
- Jan. 25, 10am - Registration Link
Preparing for Prestigious Awards:
- Learn how to build a competitive profile for exciting award opportunities available during your undergraduate and post-graduate education.
Earning Letters of Recommendation:
- Learn how to connect with letter writers so that they can write strong letters on your behalf.
- Feb. 2, 4pm - Registration Link
Monday, January 25 at 10:00am